Saturday 17 April 2010

Exciting World of Pattern Design


I finally got my mitts on a copy of this little treasure the other day - I answered a call for submissions last year but was never really sure if I was accepted or not. So imagine my delight when flicking through and seeing fabulous work by the likes of Julia Rothman and Carolyn Gavin to suddenly find my own designs towards the back of the book (last 2 photos below)! I was in the tiny little Magma book shop in London at the time and everyone gave me a funny look when I yelped out, so I blushed bright red, bought the book and excitedly ran outside :D. Find me on pages 630 and 643 but I won't blame you if get distracted by all the other wonderful designs in the book, mine pale by comparison (but I don't care lol).











Of course my own work has dwindled in the last few months as UK Handmade has taken over my life and I've taken on a little job as Online Marketing Consultant for Makers Online but now things are settling down a bit I am itching to pick things up again. All work and no play makes Karen a very dull girl indeed! And I have a newly furnished studio to work in but more about that later.... I'm off to have another look through this book...

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

ooh, that looks a bit scrumptious! i have a load of pattern type books on my wishlist; inspiration for textile projects i want to try. just waiting to complete on my house and move... enjoy this one!

dawn said...

Well done Karen, how exciting!

Mary Elliott said...

Wow Karen, congrats! What a great book, will have to go find it, do you know if it's for sale at Frank's?
I love your designs and have just noticed it as your blog background, that one is my fav but the others are great also!

Megan Faye said...

Ooh that is an exciting piece of news!
Your patterns are fab Karen - im impressed! I love patterns so much but i found trying to make a repeating pattern is incredibly difficult - respect!
Megan x

Claire Hurd Design said...

Wow - that is fantastic! Congratulations Karen. I shall have to see if I can get my hands on a copy of this book.

Claire x

Lorrie said...

That's fantastic Karen, well done mate. Looks like a book I wouldn't mind getting my hands on.

Lorrie
xxx

SDCrafts said...

Just found this blog Karen - UK Handmade member here. Your designs in a book and you didn't really know! No wonder the redness appeared pronto. That's a moment to treasure as well as the book itself.